Contributor License Agreement¶
We would love to take your contributions. To contribute to opveclib, you need to fill out a Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
You can download the CLA
Fill it out and email the completed agreement to the address in the agreement.
- All functionality must be fully documented and tested. Doctest examples should be included in all documentation.
- Follow the PEP-8 style guide.
- Do not use print statements. All debugging output should be made to the library’s logger.
- Library should be silent unless there is an error raised, or the user is explicitly capturing debug or info level logs.
- Use logging level info judiciously for confirmation that the library is functioning correctly.
- Use logging level debug for detailed information needed for debugging when things go wrong.
In the rare case that you need to make any changes to the language.proto file, you will also need to compile and check in a new language_pb2.py file. For the generated file to work with python 3 you must install and use a version of the protoc compiler >= 3.0.0-beta-2. The compiler can be found and installed from: https://github.com/google/protobuf/releases/
To build the docs, you must first install Sphinx >= 1.4.1 with alabaster >= 0.7.8:
pip install -U sphinx
Properly rendering embedded math with mathjax requires installing the appropriate latex packages:
sudo apt-get install texlive-latex-base, texlive-latex-extra
The docs are built by navigating to the
documentation directory and using make:
make clean make html
This will output HTML to
documentation/_build which can then be examined locally.
All docs containing code snippets must be tested with doctest. All doctests must pass before making a contribution by
running the following command from the